Tuesday 14 October 2014

Tuesday Thoughts...

Hello lovelys, 
this post is a lot different from my usual posts but to me its a bit of an eye opener and I had to share it

So I'v just been watching the news to end the day and on the news it shocked me that the number of young people struggling to buy food in Hull is getting higher and higher. Now I don't live in Hull- but I know this is a problem in lots of other cities for people of all ages in England and all over the world but even though it always crossed my mind when mentioned, I still just hoped it would never happen. I also found this photo on Google which speaks for itself:

It just makes me think how lucky I am to have all the things the I have and so grateful for my parents to have given me everything I have ever needed and more. Even if you are reading this now, like the picture says - you are more fortunate then 3 billion people who cannot read it at all. Anyway because it made me so sad that there are so many people in these situations where they can't afford food, or anywhere to live because they can't get a job or they've been made redundant or something has just gone wrong in their lives - I've decided to stop being sad and start being more productive and I think you should too. 

There's always the most obvious thing to do and to donate to charities such as these ones:

But there's also other things which you can do which don't even cost a lot which will help others:

I'm sure im not the only one that has too many clothes that I don't wear anymore and so I'm going to go through all my wardrobe and everyone elses to find those clothes and to donate them to a charity where they can either be given to the homeless for free or to a charity shop where they can be bought for a pound or two to keep them warmer in the winter.

Also im wanting to donate food to a food bank. Even if you still live with your parents like myself im sure you'll be able to find at least one tin in the back of your cupboard which you know your not going to use before its sell by date. If your not allowed or know your going to use all the food then why not go to the shop and buy a few things for under a fiver and go donate to your local food bank. To find your local food bank just type into Google " 'your city' food banks" and a whole list will appear.

I want to help as much as I can as I hate to think what these people must be going though. You never know whats coming round the corner and if everyone does as much as they can to help others its going to make their life so much easier. I know if you was in the situation you would want someone like yourself to give a little time and effort to make things better. 

♥  


No comments:

Post a Comment