Wednesday 31 December 2014

My love for fake tan VS my hate for fake tan...

Hello all!
It's the day before New Years Eve and I'm sure that a lot of you will be going out to parties or seeing family or loved ones and are probably preparing yourself for the night. You know painting nails, shaving legs and possibly fake tanning! 




I am a big lover of fake tan especially in the summer as my skin still stays as white as snow but tonight while applying it in preparation for tomorrow I was thinking about all the faff we girls (and boys) have to go through just for a bit of colour. So here are my loves and hates!

The fake tan I am using at the moment is St Tropez mouse in dark (I thought I'd treat myself when it was on offer!) but otherwise I usually use St.Moriz mouse in dark which is like a fake St.Tropez!

Lets start off with the hates:
  1. My biggest hate is applying it, it just seems to take forever!
  2. Trying to make sure its even, I'm sure we spend about half an hour alone just inspecting our body!
  3. Bending over in the strangest positions just to try and reach your back or difficult places, we could pull muscles!
  4. The sticky feeling of it before you wash it off, ewww
  5. When it rubs off on clean white bed covers which you have just put on and are going to have to change again, arggghhhh
  6. How it looks on your hands, my fingers personally look like a bag of wotsits.
  7. Scrubbing at your body until all your pores are bleeding but it won't come off!
  8. If your like me then, not being able to put it on your face because you fear it will cause more spots - but then look like you've been in the sun with a towel over your face when you don't have make up on because you don't match!
  9. Accidentally splashing water on your fresh tan then looking like a leopard
  10. You might look nice and brown in real life but in pictures you can look like some sort of oompa loompa
Now with the loves:
  1. I've been pale all my life and being out in the sun with factor 50 still makes me burn, so it's just so nice to be brown, woooo
  2. You can experiment more with make up - I find a lot more shades suit me when I'm tanned rather than when I'm pale
  3. the smell! some people hate it but I love it
  4. It's so much safer than the sunbed or being out in the sun and you get a much better colour
  5. It makes you feel 10x skinnier. why? I don't know but it just does.
  6. If your like me and prepare your body for weeks so that it doesn't go streaky then your skin should be nice and silky and soft from all the moisturiser
Well I suppose there's more hates rather than loves but I doubt I'll be able to stop using it! All that's left to prepare now is my nails!

What are your loves and/or hates of fake tan?




No comments:

Post a Comment